Packaging Services Expertise
Performance Packaging Consulting (PPC) is an independent packaging consulting business that has expertise in consumer and industrial products packaging. Capabilities include material selection, assistance with sourcing, cost reduction, concept and prototype generation, package/equipment integration and implementation of all solutions.
Performance Packaging Consulting is a resource from which to obtain extensive packaging expertise whenever needed. PPC can act as your sole packaging development resource or can be used to augment your technical packaging staff already in place. PPC combines technical skills with significant development experience to deliver practical solutions that can be readily implemented.
Performance Packaging Consulting has provided services to companies in the following industries:
- Retail Food
- Quick Service Restaurant
- Health and Beauty Aids
- Durable Consumer Goods
- New package development – Using systems approach, research, identify, develop and test optimal new packaging
- Cost savings – Cost reduction through source reduction, material selection and design efficiency
- Project management from concept to store shelf – Integration with all relevant functional groups, which includes timeline development and maintenance
- Package concept generation – Creation and development of prototypes
- Packaging equipment selection, installation and start-up.
- Feasibility studies – Determine practical fit with resources and perform cost analyses
- Competitive analysis – Comprehensive examination of competitor packaging and industry surveys
- Sourcing of packaging and co-packers – Extensive industry knowledge and contacts
- Shelf-life improvement – Barrier packaging selection tailored to product and targeted shelf life
- Materials selection – Thorough knowledge of packaging materials to optimize cost/performance of packaging system
- Regulatory compliance – Ensure packaging meets FDA regulations
- Distribution damage assessment and solutions – On-site inspection, study of the distribution system and improved packaging designs
- Shipping efficiency improvement – Analysis of cube, pallet patterns and stack height
- Promotional packaging – Display shippers, end of aisle displays, specialty graphics
- Packaging line troubleshooting – Packaging design that integrates production line requirements to maximize production efficiencies
- Writing and organization of packaging specifications